Kansas Criminal Defense
If you or someone you know has become involved in the criminal process, the knowledge and practical experience of your criminal defense lawyer is paramount to securing the best possible outcome.
Our Olathe criminal defense lawyers provide skilled criminal defense aimed at protecting your rights and future. From Schlagel Long Rivera, LLC, we serve clients throughout the entire state of Kansas.
Facing criminal charges is a serious situation for anyone. Whether a person is being accused of a felony or a misdemeanor, the penalties that result from a criminal trial often impact the rest of your life.
Jail time, fines, and a damaged reputation are the repercussions criminal defense attorney Vinnie Rivera fights to prevent you from unfairly facing.
What To Ask When Hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney.
How Much Do You Charge?
I can't tell you how many times I've answered the phone, and the first words out of someone's mouth are: "How much would you charge me to do this?"
I always say the same thing to them: you're asking the wrong question. You need to be asking me what I can do for you.
Don't assume that just because someone has
- a law degree, they know what they are doing.
- a law degree, they have the experience needed for your case.
- been doing this for years, they know what they are doing.
You Need to Be Interviewing the Attorney about Your Case.
You need to ask:
- How they're going to handle your case.
- How they're going to defend you.
- Ask them what issues they are going to look into.
- What motions they're going to file in your case.
When You're Asking an Attorney about Their Experience, Ask Them:
- Have you ever handled a case like this before?
- How many cases like this have you handled?
- Have you ever taken something like this to trial?
- What's your trial experience?
- How many jury trials have you had?
- How often do you go to trial?
- What's the longest trial you've ever been in?
- What's the most major trial you've ever been in?
I would recommend that you talk with several attorneys before you hire someone to defend you.
When you choose the attorney that's right for you, you need to do it based on their experience and how well they're going to be able to handle your case and meet your needs.